By Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development
Read or Download Ageing And Employment Policies: Italy (Ageing and Employment Policies) PDF
Similar labor & industrial relations books
For 2 many years veteran photojournalist David Bacon has documented the connections among exertions, migration, and the worldwide economic system. In unlawful humans Bacon explores the human part of globalization, exposing the various methods it uproots humans in Latin the United States and Asia, riding them emigrate. while, U.
Cornelius Grebe bargains an research of work-family reconciliation coverage in Germany through the Socialdemocrat-Green coalition executive of 1998 to 2005. His emphasis lies on Anti-Discrimination coverage, Childcare coverage, Parental depart coverage, and dealing Time coverage. The research combines a social constructionist stance with another feminist perspective, therefore providing a brand new method for political technological know-how.
A UNC Press Enduring variation -- UNC Press Enduring versions use the most recent in electronic expertise to make on hand back books from our exclusive backlist that have been formerly out of print. those variants are released unaltered from the unique, and are awarded in cheap paperback codecs, bringing readers either historic and cultural price.
It is a copy of a publication released prior to 1923. This booklet can have occasional imperfections similar to lacking or blurred pages, terrible photos, errant marks, and so on. that have been both a part of the unique artifact, or have been brought by way of the scanning strategy. We think this paintings is culturally vital, and regardless of the imperfections, have elected to deliver it again into print as a part of our carrying on with dedication to the upkeep of published works around the world.
- The Strike That Changed New York: Blacks, Whites, and the Ocean Hill-Brownsville Crisis
- Unions and Communities under Siege: American Communities and the Crisis of Organized Labor (Cambridge Human Geography)
- Out of the crucible : Black steelworkers in western Pennsylvania, 1875-1980
- Human Capital, Employment and Bargaining
- Employment Relations in the Growing Asian Economies (Routledge Advances in Asia-Pacific Business)
- Japanese Army Air Force Aces 1937-1945
Extra resources for Ageing And Employment Policies: Italy (Ageing and Employment Policies)
If participation patterns remain unchanged, the labour force will start to decline between 2005 and 2010. In light of these demographic trends, it would appear that increasing the labour force participation of older people is a crucial policy objective. 1. The demographic challenge The Italian population is ageing very rapidly as a result of low fertility rate and rising life expectancy. e. 1). 3 While Italy has one of the lowest fertility rates in OECD, life expectancy is among the highest. 4 years for women.
6 million in 2000. • In the “average” scenario, participation rates for the older population are assumed to converge over the period 2000-2030 to the OECD average levels of 2000 and remain constant thereafter. In this scenario, the labour force starts contracting after 2015. 9 million in 2050. • Finally, in the “maximum” scenario, participation rates by age and gender are assumed to converge over the period 2000-2030 to the corresponding maximum rate observed across OECD countries in 2000 and remain constant thereafter.
7. 9 Unemployment rates by age and educational attainment in Italy, 2001 As a percentage of the labour force Less than secondary Secondary Upper secondary Tertiary 30 25 20 15 10 5 0 20-24 25-29 30-34 35-44 Source: Italian Labour Force Survey. AGEING AND EMPLOYMENT POLICIES: ITALY – ISBN-92-64-01703-8 © OECD 2004 45-54 55-64 54 – CHAPTER 2. CURRENT LABOUR MARKET SITUATION OF OLDER WORKERS Education also plays a significant role. 12 While the low employment rate of older workers may have been dominated by supply-side factors in the recent years, the relatively low level of skills of Italian older workers may prove a greater source of concern in the future, as attempts are made to rise the effective age of retirement.