By Syngress, Syngress Media
Coping with lively listing for home windows 2000 Server covers energetic listing, what Microsoft calls the "next new release of listing Services." lively listing presents a unmarried aspect of management for home windows 2000 clients and directors. In NT four, listing prone have been instruments for organizing and handling definite items in a computing process. these gadgets are constituted of printers, records, databases, electronic mail addresses, clients and different assets.
Active listing used to be created to deal with the extra complicated gadgets of a networked setting. as well as those gadgets, lively listing will deal with naming, querying, administrative, registration, and determination wishes.
* contains insurance of vendor-specific implementations of lively listing (such as Cisco and Oracle)
* Covers a vital part of the working approach and drills all the way down to conceal the listing providers of home windows 2000
* themes coated include:
* home windows 2000 aid for open criteria, DNS, and LDAP
* help for traditional identify formats
* The lively listing API
* Drag-and-drop administration
* Extensible schema
* the worldwide catalog
* Backward compatibility with past models of NT 4
* Interoperability with NetWare
Read Online or Download Managing Active Directory for Windows 2000 Server PDF
Similar client-server systems books
This guidebook will lead you thru SAP NetWeaver, the internet services-based company integration and alertness platform that allows portals, collaboration, facts administration, improvement environments, and extra.
* the excellent, autonomous, real-world advisor to SAP functionality checking out * Covers tools and demanding situations inherent to trying out mySAP CRM, PLM, SCM, SRM, R/3 and R/3 firm, firm Portal, net AS, SAP XI, MDM, and extra * exhibits how one can plan, try out, and optimize SAP NetWeaver options and elements for day-by-day lots, company peaks, key transactions, and end-to-end company processesDrive greatest functionality and cost out of your SAP funding!
A special research of the state-of-the-art in layout, architectures, and implementations of complicated computational infrastructures and the purposes they help rising large-scale adaptive clinical and engineering purposes are requiring an expanding quantity of computing and garage assets to supply new insights into advanced structures.
Covers the most recent model of WHS! this can be the main finished, useful, and important advisor to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply disguise all aspects of working home windows domestic Server: He indicates the right way to use it to simplify every little thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to protection.
- MCSE: Exchange Server 2000 Administration Study Guide
- Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 Unleashed (3rd Edition)
- How to Cheat at Configuring Exchange Server 2007: Including Outlook Web, Mobile, and Voice Access
- Microsoft Windows 2000 server deployment planning guide
- Securing Windows Server 2003
- Wirtschaftsinformatik Studienausgabe: Referenzmodelle für industrielle Geschäftsprozesse
Extra info for Managing Active Directory for Windows 2000 Server
In the example for Beverly Johnston in the Cheetah domain, her DN is /O=MicroAge/DC=Cheetah/CN=Users/CN=BJOHNS, and her RDN is CN=BJOHNS. The RDN is typically the simple name of the object. User Principle Name The User Principle Name (UPN) is a naming format that uses a domain name as part of the username. It is a new concept for usernames. Since DNS is provided in ADS as the locator service, incorporating the domain name as part of the username means that user objects are easily located and authenticated.
The ADS schema is stored within the directory itself. This reduces the overhead involved with users or applications that run queries on the Active Directory. It also allows the schema to be extended dynamically, with immediate access to the new object classes and attributes. The ability to perform schema extensions is protected by ACLs so that only authorized users can extend the schema. TIP When an application that extends the schema is installed on the network, the application will require the name and password of a user that has the capability of extending the schema.
The OUs are contained within domains that are connected via namespaces into domain trees, which are further organized into forest structures. The domains no longer use a PDC or BDCs because they have changed to a multi-master architecture in which all copies of the Active Directory database are maintained on DCs that are peers of each other. This means that a single Active Directory database is the repository for multiple published resources and can be administered from the same application using any replica of the ADS database through multi-master replication.