By Marty Matthews
Get up and operating on Microsoft home windows Server 2008 with ease
This hands-on consultant covers all of the necessities of deploying and administering the most recent free up of Microsoft's robust, flexible community working method. utilizing transparent screenshots and step by step directions, Microsoft home windows Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide exhibits you ways to establish the server, migrate from prior types, and deal with networking, management, garage, and safety. you are going to additionally get info at the new internet instruments and administration utilities on hand in home windows Server 2008.
Install, configure, and set up Windows Server 2008
- Set up and deal with a network
- Work with Active listing and Domains
- Set up communications positive aspects and an online connection
- Install, customise, and preserve Internet details prone (IIS) 7
- Configure a VPN server and consumer
- Set up Terminal companies and distant Desktop
- Manage garage and dossier systems
- Secure your home windows Server environment
- Set up and deal with printing and faxing
- Use the integrated administration instruments, together with Server supervisor and workforce policies
Read or Download Microsoft Windows Server 2008 A Beginner's Guide PDF
Best client-server systems books
This guidebook will lead you thru SAP NetWeaver, the net services-based enterprise integration and alertness platform that allows portals, collaboration, information administration, improvement environments, and extra.
* the great, self sustaining, real-world advisor to SAP functionality checking out * Covers equipment and demanding situations inherent to checking out mySAP CRM, PLM, SCM, SRM, R/3 and R/3 firm, company Portal, net AS, SAP XI, MDM, and extra * indicates the best way to plan, try, and optimize SAP NetWeaver recommendations and elements for day-by-day lots, enterprise peaks, key transactions, and end-to-end company processesDrive greatest functionality and cost out of your SAP funding!
A different research of the cutting-edge in layout, architectures, and implementations of complex computational infrastructures and the purposes they help rising large-scale adaptive medical and engineering purposes are requiring an expanding quantity of computing and garage assets to supply new insights into complicated platforms.
Covers the latest model of WHS! this is often the main entire, functional, and beneficial advisor to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply hide all elements of operating home windows domestic Server: He exhibits tips to use it to simplify every thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to safeguard.
- Integrating ISA Server 2006 with Microsoft Exchange 2007
- Microsoft System Center Enterprise Suite Unleashed
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration Instant Reference
- Deploying Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 with Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008: A Beginner's Guide
- Raspberry Pi Server Essentials
Additional info for Microsoft Windows Server 2008 A Beginner's Guide
10. When you are ready, click Close. Click Open The Reports Folder. Double-click each of the reports to open them in their applications. These reports provide a wealth of information, as you can see in Figure 2-1. 11. After you have completed reading and/or printing the reports, close the applications and then click Finish to close the Hardware Assessment Wizard. Chapter 2: Preparing for Installation Figure 2-1. The Hardware Assessment Wizard provides both written and tabular information about the ability of your network computers to handle Windows Server 2008.
The Server Manager is often the single tool needed to install, monitor, and manage both major and minor server components, as described earlier in this chapter, as well as throughout this book. Many of the other facilities for administering Windows Server 2008 described in the following sections are also installed and can be managed from Server Manager. Figure 1-4 showed the major roles that can be installed from Server Manager. For many of these major roles, a number of optional role services 13 14 Microsoft Windows Server 2008: A Beginner’s Guide Figure 1-5.
The purpose of this and the next two chapters is to assist you in going through the planning process and then carrying out the detailed installation. Chapter 2 looks at the steps that must be carried out prior to installing this newest Windows server, including ways to handle possible pitfalls. Chapter 3 takes you through installing Windows Server 2008 from different starting points, including upgrading and performing a clean install. Chapter 4 shows how Windows Deployment Services can be used to automate the installation of Windows Server 2008.