By Clément Nedelcu
Make the main of your infrastructure and serve pages speedier than ever with Nginx
- Complete configuration directive and module reference
- Discover attainable interactions among Nginx and Apache to get the easiest of either worlds
- Learn to configure your servers and digital hosts efficiently
- A step by step consultant to switching from Apache to Nginx
Nginx is a light-weight HTTP server designed for high-traffic web content, with community scalability because the fundamental aim. With the arrival of excessive pace net entry, brief loading occasions and speedy move premiums became a need. This unfastened, open resource answer will both come as a whole substitute of alternative software program corresponding to Apache, or stand in entrance of your current infrastructure to enhance its total speed.
"Nginx HTTP Server - moment version" presents a close advisor to establishing Nginx in numerous ways in which correspond to genuine construction occasions: as a standalone server, as a opposite proxy, interacting with functions through FastCGI and extra. additionally, the entire directive reference might be your ally in any respect phases of the configuration and upkeep processes.
This publication is definitely the right better half for either Nginx rookies and skilled directors. For novices, it is going to take you thru the full means of developing this light-weight HTTP server in your procedure and configuring its quite a few modules to get it to do just what you would like, in a quick and safe means. For more matured directors, this ebook presents various angles of strategy which could assist you utilize your present infrastructure. Nginx could be hired in lots of occasions, no matter if you're looking to build a wholly new web-serving structure or just are looking to combine a good software to optimize your web site loading speeds.
This ebook takes you thru the setup and configuration of Nginx by means of detailing each step of how, from downloading to configuring your server in a range of universal architectures.
What you are going to research from this book
- Download and construct Nginx from resource in addition to its dependencies
- The fundamentals of Nginx configuration: syntax, constitution, semantics
- Create digital host configurations effortlessly
- Discover all first-party modules and the way to let, configure and use them
- Establish complicated rewrite ideas with the Nginx Rewrite module
- Set up Nginx to paintings with personal home page, Python and extra through FastCGI
- Configure Nginx to paintings as a frontend in your present HTTP server
- Learn the right way to port your Apache rewrite ideas via 3 functional examples
- Troubleshoot if whatever is going flawed with the server
This educational e-book comprises distinctive directions for every of the approaches it describes: downloading and fitting the appliance, configuring and utilizing modules, and lots more and plenty extra. It offers a step by step educational to interchange your latest net server with Nginx. With commented configuration sections and in-depth module descriptions, it is possible for you to to utilize the functionality strength provided by way of Nginx.
Read or Download Nginx HTTP Server - Second Edition PDF
Similar client-server systems books
This guidebook will lead you thru SAP NetWeaver, the net services-based company integration and alertness platform that allows portals, collaboration, information administration, improvement environments, and extra.
* the great, self reliant, real-world advisor to SAP functionality trying out * Covers tools and demanding situations inherent to checking out mySAP CRM, PLM, SCM, SRM, R/3 and R/3 company, firm Portal, internet AS, SAP XI, MDM, and extra * indicates the right way to plan, attempt, and optimize SAP NetWeaver ideas and parts for day-by-day rather a lot, enterprise peaks, key transactions, and end-to-end enterprise processesDrive greatest functionality and price out of your SAP funding!
A special research of the cutting-edge in layout, architectures, and implementations of complex computational infrastructures and the purposes they help rising large-scale adaptive clinical and engineering purposes are requiring an expanding volume of computing and garage assets to supply new insights into advanced platforms.
Covers the latest model of WHS! this can be the main finished, functional, and priceless advisor to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply hide all aspects of working home windows domestic Server: He exhibits the way to use it to simplify every thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to defense.
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit Supplement One
- Terminal Services for Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Advanced Technical Design Guide (Advanced Technical Design Guide series)
- Computational and Data Grids: Principles, Applications and Design
- Cloud Computing
Extra info for Nginx HTTP Server - Second Edition
You may install those prerequisites using your system package manager such as running yum install libxml2 or apt-get install libxml2. Mail server proxy This last build configuration is somewhat special as it is dedicated to enabling mail server proxy features—a darker and less documented side of Nginx. /configure --user=www-data --group=www-data --with-mail --with-mail_ssl_module If you wish to completely disable the HTTP serving features and only dedicate Nginx to mail proxying, you may add the --without-http switch.
Nginx process architecture Core module directives Events module Configuration module A configuration for your profile Understanding the default configuration Necessary adjustments Adapting to your hardware Testing your server Creating a test server Performance tests Httperf Autobench OpenWebLoad Upgrading Nginx gracefully Summary 3. HTTP Configuration HTTP Core module Structure blocks Module directives Socket and host configuration listen server_name server_name_in_redirect server_names_hash_max_size server_names_hash_bucket_size port_in_redirect tcp_nodelay tcp_nopush sendfile sendfile_max_chunk send_lowat reset_timedout_connection Paths and documents root alias error_page if_modified_since index recursive_error_pages try_files Client requests keepalive_requests keepalive_timeout keepalive_disable send_timeout client_body_in_file_only client_body_in_single_buffer client_body_buffer_size client_body_temp_path client_body_timeout client_header_buffer_size client_header_timeout client_max_body_size large_client_header_buffers lingering_time lingering_timeout lingering_close ignore_invalid_headers chunked_transfer_encoding max_ranges MIME types types default_type types_hash_max_size Limits and restrictions limit_except limit_rate limit_rate_after satisfy internal File processing and caching disable_symlinks directio directio_alignment open_file_cache open_file_cache_errors open_file_cache_min_uses open_file_cache_valid read_ahead Other directives log_not_found log_subrequest merge_slashes msie_padding msie_refresh resolver resolver_timeout server_tokens underscores_in_headers variables_hash_max_size variables_hash_bucket_size post_action Module variables Request headers Response headers Nginx generated The Location block Location modifier The = modifier No modifier The ~ modifier The ~* modifier The ^~ modifier The @ modifier Search order and priority Case 1: Case 2: Case 3: Summary 4.
With-openssl-opt=… Additional options for building the OpenSSL library. Libatomic --with-libatomic=… Forces usage of the libatomic_ops library on systems other than x86, amd64, and sparc. This library allows Nginx to perform atomic operations directly instead of resorting to lock files. Depending on your system, it may result in a decrease in SEGFAULT errors and possibly higher request serving rate. --with-libatomic=… Specifies the path of the Libatomic library sources. Module options Modules, which will be detailed in Chapter 3, HTTP Configuration, and further, need to be selected before compiling the application.