By Jonathan P. Van Kleunen, Brian Jenkins, Michael Mcinnis, Chris Lewis
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK is your one-stop store for high-yield, systems-based evaluation in the course of the scientific years of clinical tuition. The third edition packs illustrations, subsequent Steps, Mnemonics, and quickly Hits in one, inventive software. each one aspect is customized for fast content material absorption, and an all-new full-color inside differentiates parts for quicker, extra effective evaluation. Plus, Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK, third edition offers bonus fabric and examine assets on-line for extra self-assessment and perform for this exam!
NEW Features for this blockbuster edition:
* Full-color, up to date inside design brings the content material to you in a rousing, memorable style.
* Full-color, up to date paintings application illustrates suggestions whilst an image says it best.
* Expanded and new content material keeps you present and expert to lead your scientific choice making.
<p class="MsoNormal" style="line-height: general; margin: 0in 0in 10pt">CLASSIC Features scholars swear by:
* Complete assurance of high-yield topics—cause, probability components, heritage and actual examination, lab experiences or radiology, therapy and complications—ensures you're try out ready!
* Mnemonics help you “file away” scientific details for convenient retrieval at try time!
* Quick Hits glimmering within the margins spotlight hugely testable materials—just see how the sparks fly at attempt time!
* Next Steps margin notes consultant you thru the workup of a sufferer with useful the right way to success!
BONUS Material and examine resources: * eBook with totally searchable textual content on hand through thePoint.
* Image financial institution with the entire photos and tables from the book.
* 300 USMLE-style questions on-line allow for self-assessment and perform for the exam!
Read or Download Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (3rd Edition) PDF
Similar medicine books
The ADA sensible advisor to tender Tissue Oral sickness is the proper device to assist in selecting, diagnosing and treating gentle tissue oral illness in daily scientific perform. targeting the medical features of administration required by means of the final dental workforce, this ebook expertly courses readers via screening examinations, description and documentation, differential analysis, and directions for commentary and referral.
A one-stop table Reference, for Biomedical Engineers occupied with the ever increasing and intensely fast paced sector; it is a booklet that may not assemble airborne dirt and dust at the shelf. It brings jointly the fundamental expert reference content material from best foreign members within the biomedical engineering box.
The amount presents a distinct evaluation of the basic topographical anatomy of the mind from an MRI viewpoint, correlating fine quality anatomical plates with the corresponding high-resolution MRI pictures. The publication incorporates a old evaluate of mind mapping and an research of the basic reference planes used for the research of the human mind.
Die Borna'sche Krankheit ist schon lange bei Tieren, v. a. bei Pferden und Schafen, als eine sporadisch auftretende, progressiv verlaufende Encephalomyelitis bekannt und galt ausschließlich als tierpathogen. In Studien konnten Wissenschaftler BD-virusspezifische Antikörper auch in Liquores von Menschen mit psychiatrisch relevantem Krankheitsbild nachweisen, die die Erkenntnis brachten, daß der Mensch mit dem BD-Virus infizierbar ist.
- Breast Diseases: Imaging and Clinical Management
- ABC of Nutrition
- Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery.Second Edition
- Amyloid and Related Disorders: Surgical Pathology and Clinical Correlations
- Surgical Techniques in Sports Medicine
Additional resources for Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (3rd Edition)
Treatment ϭ prednisone for 1 to 2 months followed by taper; low-dose ASA to reduce risk of vision loss or stroke from vessel occlusion; vitamin D and calcium supplementation to reduce risk of osteoporosis from prolonged high-dose corticosteroid use; ophthalmology follow-up 3. Takayasu arteritis a. Inflammation of aorta and its branches b. Can cause cerebrovascular and myocardial ischemia c. Risk factors ϭ Asian heritage, women 10 to 40 years of age d. H/P ϭ malaise, vertigo, syncope; fever, decreased carotid and limb pulses e.
Diagnosed when systolic blood pressure Ն140 mm Hg and/or diastolic blood pressure Ն90 mm Hg, as measured in three readings taken at three separate appointments 4. Risk factors ϭ family history of HTN, high-salt diet (especially if salt sensitive), tobacco use, obesity, increased age; blacks Ͼ whites 5. H/P ϭ asymptomatic until progression, then headache may be the only symptom until complications develop; blood pressure Ն140/90 mm Hg; arteriovenous 1/19/13 3:30 AM CARDIOVASCULAR DISORDERS TABLE 1-8 Class of Medication 23 QUICK HIT ACE -I drugs are contraindicated in cases of bilateral renal artery stenosis because they can accelerate renal failure by impeding sufficient renal perfusion and lowering glomerular filtration rate.
Radiology ϭ echocardiogram or cardiac catheterization used for diagnosis 8. Treatment ϭ surgical correction H. Tetralogy of Fallot To remember the characteristics of tetralogy of Fallot, use the mnemonic The P roblems O f Small Hearts: P ulmonary stenosis, O verriding aorta, Septal defect (ventricular), H ypertrophy (of right ventricle). indd 32 1. VSD, RV outflow obstruction, RVH, and overriding aorta (see Figure 1-21G) 2. Risk factors ϭ Down syndrome, cri-du-chat syndrome, trisomy 13 and 18 3.