By Don Jones
Applicable for newcomers, this sequence of 30 tutorials walks throughout the uncomplicated activity projects of administering servers that run the home windows server 2003 working procedure. directions are supplied for coping with documents and printers, configuring safety rules, networking with TCP/IP, operating with web info companies and home windows clusters, and utilizing the community visual display unit. The CD-ROM comprises an review attempt and a home windows interface educational.
Read Online or Download Windows Server 2003 Weekend Crash Course PDF
Similar client-server systems books
This guidebook will lead you thru SAP NetWeaver, the net services-based enterprise integration and alertness platform that permits portals, collaboration, info administration, improvement environments, and extra.
* the great, self sustaining, real-world consultant to SAP functionality trying out * Covers tools and demanding situations inherent to checking out mySAP CRM, PLM, SCM, SRM, R/3 and R/3 firm, company Portal, net AS, SAP XI, MDM, and extra * indicates easy methods to plan, attempt, and optimize SAP NetWeaver ideas and elements for day-by-day quite a bit, company peaks, key transactions, and end-to-end company processesDrive greatest functionality and cost out of your SAP funding!
A different research of the cutting-edge in layout, architectures, and implementations of complex computational infrastructures and the purposes they help rising large-scale adaptive clinical and engineering purposes are requiring an expanding quantity of computing and garage assets to supply new insights into complicated structures.
Covers the most recent model of WHS! this can be the main finished, useful, and necessary consultant to the brand-new model of home windows domestic Server 2011. Paul McFedries doesn’t simply disguise all elements of working home windows domestic Server: He indicates tips on how to use it to simplify every thing from dossier sharing to media streaming, backup to protection.
- From P2P to Web Services and Grids: Peers in a Client/Server World
- MCSE: Windows Server 2003 Active Directory and Network Infrastructure Design Study Guide (70-297)
- Working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
- VBA for Excel Made Simple
- Implementing SOA Using Java EE
- MCSA-MCSE: Windows Server 2003 network infrastructure implementation, management and maintenance study guide
Additional info for Windows Server 2003 Weekend Crash Course
The exact number of activations depends on the Windows Server 2003 license you purchased. qxd 3/11/03 11:52 AM Page 30 30 Friday Evening Windows Server 2003 supports CD-based, network-based, and RIS-based installations on headless servers. Headless server installations can be performed only on server hardware that is compatible with Windows Server 2003’s headless server capabilities; you should consult your hardware vendor for compatibility information. Once your server hardware has been configured to operate in a headless server mode, Windows Server 2003 installation should be conducted as you would with any other server.
Qxd 3/11/03 11:52 AM Page 18 18 Friday Evening QUIZ YOURSELF 1. Which edition of Windows Server 2003 introduces the ability to create server clusters? ”) 2. What is the main reason Datacenter Server is the most reliable edition of Windows Server 2003? ”) 3. What part of Windows is responsible for interacting with a computer’s hardware? ”) 4. What part of Windows decides which tasks and threads are executed by the computer’s processors? ”) 5. What is the native networking protocol for Windows Server 2003?
When a user provides the correct password, the server is assured that the user is who they claim to be. ¼ Account properties, which define special information about the user. For example, account properties may indicate whether or not a user is allowed to access a server only during business hours. Account properties may also be used to temporarily lock users out, preventing them from accessing the server even if they have the correct password. Managing users Windows Server 2003 enables you to create user accounts using the Computer Management application (assuming you are logged on to the server with a user account that has the authority to create user accounts).