By Vicki Smith
The basic act of going to paintings each day is a vital part of all societies around the globe. it's an ingrained social agreement: all of us paintings to outlive. however it is going past actual survival. Psychologists have equated wasting a task with the trauma of divorce or a family members loss of life, and large concerns come up, from monetary panic to sinking vanity. via paintings, we construct our self-identity, our way of life, and our aspirations. How did it occur that paintings dominates such a lot of components of our lives and our psyche? This multi-disciplinary encyclopedia covers curricular topics that search to deal with that query, starting from enterprise and administration to anthropology, sociology, social historical past, psychology, politics, economics, and health.
Features & Benefits:
- International and comparative coverage.
- 335 signed entries, A-to-Z, fill 2 volumes in print and digital formats.
- Cross-References and recommendations for additional Readings advisor readers to extra resources.
- A Chronology presents scholars with ancient viewpoint of the sociology of work.
- In the digital model, the excellent Index combines with the Cross-References and thematic Reader's advisor issues to supply strong search-and-browse capabilities.