By Juan José López-Ibor Jr., George Christodoulou, Mario Maj, Norman Sartorius, Ahmed Okasha
This identify presents a complete evaluate of scientific, epidemiological, psychobiological, psychosocial and repair association elements of catastrophe psychiatry. It takes a pragmatic process and features a sequence of news on major reviews made during this box in a number of areas of the world.
- An impartial and trustworthy reference element, counseled by means of the WPA
- contains contributions from across the world acclaimed specialists>
Read or Download Disasters and Mental Health PDF
Best psychology books
Research the reality approximately mendacity with this enticing examine how deception provides us a survival side and shapes humankind.
mendacity is an intrinsic a part of our social textile, however it is additionally a deeply problematical and misunderstood point of what makes us human. Ian Leslie takes us on a desirable trip that makes us query not just our personal courting to the reality, but additionally almost each day-by-day stumble upon we now have. at the means he dissects the historical past of the lie detector, how mom and dad impact their children's angle to mendacity (and vice versa), Who desires to Be a Millionaire? , the philosophical ambiguity of telling the reality, invoice Clinton's presentational prowess, ask yourself Woman's lasso of fact, and why we should always be cautious of someone with greater than one hundred fifty fb neighbors. Born Liars is thought-provoking, anecdotally pushed narrative nonfiction at its top. Ian Leslie's intoxicating combination of anthropology, biology, cultural historical past, philosophy, and renowned psychology belies a significant imperative message: that people have developed and thrived largely as a result of their skill to deceive.
Dieses Buch ist f? r Medizinstudenten ebenso gedacht wie f? r ? rzte bei der Vorbereitung auf die Facharztpr? fung. Die Idee dabei battle, das notwendige Wissen im Bereich der Psychiatrie in kompakter shape und knapper Sprache darzustellen mit dem Ziel, das systematische Lernen des Stoffes zu erleichtern.
- Who Is the Dreamer Who Dreams the Dream?: A Study of Psychic Presences
- The End of History: Outsider Essays on Civilisation
- Psychiatrists and Traditional Healers: Unwitting Partners in Global Mental Health (World Psychiatric Association)
- Fundamental Questions in Cross-Cultural Psychology
Additional resources for Disasters and Mental Health
1987) Social involvement as a mediator of disaster-induced stress. J Appl Soc Psychol, 17: 1092–1112. , Spiegel D. (1993) Dissociative reactions of the San Francisco Bay area earthquake of 1989. Am J Psychiatry, 150: 474–478. , Jacobsberg L. (1992) Predictors of posttraumatic stress disorder after burn injury. Am J Psychiatry, 149: 931–935. , North C. (1993) Posttraumatic stress disorder in natural disasters and technological accidents. P. Wilson, B. ), International Handbook of Traumatic Stress Syndromes, pp.
72. 73. 74. 75. 76. 77. 78. 79. 80. 81. 82. 83. 84. 85. E. (1998) Criminal victimization, posttraumatic stress disorder, and comorbid psychopathology among a community sample of women. J Trauma Stress, 11: 665–678. , et al. (2001) A national survey of stress reactions after the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack. N Engl J Med, 345: 1507–1512. C. (2003) Trauma, terrorism, and disaster. J. S. E. ), Terrorism and Disaster. Individual and Community Mental Health Interventions, pp. 1–20. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
Et al. (1991) Assessment of posttraumatic stress disorder in the community: prospects and pitfalls from recent studies of Vietnam veterans. Psychol Assess, 3: 547–560. G. (1990) A twin study of the effects of the Vietnam War on posttraumatic stress disorder. JAMA, 263: 1227– 1232. 32 32. 33. 34. 35. 36. 37. 38. 39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45. 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. C. (1989) The aetiology of post-traumatic morbidity: predisposing, precipitating and perpetuating factors. Br J Psychiatry, 154: 221–228.