By Vishram Singh
The higher limb is the organ of the physique, liable for handbook actions. it really is freely movable, in particular its distal segment—the hand, that is tailored for greedy and manipulating the items. a quick description of comparative anatomy of the limbs might facilitate figuring out in their constitution and serve as.
Read Online or Download Textbook of Anatomy Upper Limb and Thorax. PDF
Best anatomy books
This ebook is an available choice of case examine eventualities perfect for body structure and pharmacology revision for pharmacy, scientific, biomedical technology, medical technology and healthcare scholars. basically dependent and arranged via significant organ procedure, the publication emphasises ways that key signs of sickness tell analysis and the alternative of therapy, including the proper pharmacological mechanisms.
This quantity of the treatise bargains with structural facets of the cytoskeleton: the features of the filaments and their parts; the association of the genes; motor proteins; interactions with membranes.
First published in 1983, this booklet matters the comparative physiological variations of vertebrate animals, specifically mammals, to cessation of respiring. those variations have been initially pointed out in species dwelling in aquatic habitats. The argument is gifted that the usual divers reveal a well-developed and very easily studied instance of a extra basic defence opposed to asphyxia.
This e-book used to be written to serve either as a advisor for the dissection of the human mind and as an illustrated compendium of the practical anatomy of the mind and spinal wire. during this feel, the e-book represents an up to date and multiplied model of the booklet The Human mind and Spinal wire written through the writer and released in Swedish via Scandinavian college Books in 1961.
- Biology of Humans: Concepts, Applications, and Issues; 4th Edition
- Studying Vibrational Communication
- An Introduction to Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Anatomy and Physiology with Integrated Study Guide
- Vitamania: Vitamins in American Culture (Health and Medicine in American Society)
- Attitudes on altitude: pioneers of medical research in Colorado's high mountains
Extra info for Textbook of Anatomy Upper Limb and Thorax.
2. 3. 4. Pectoralis major. Pectoralis minor. Subclavius. 5) It is the largest muscle of the pectoral region. Lateral cutaneous nerves (T3–T6) Origin Pectoralis major muscle is thin fan shaped and arises by two heads, viz. Fig. 2 Cutaneous nerves of the pectoral region. 1. The skin above the horizontal line drawn at the level of sternal angle is supplied by supraclavicular nerves (C3 and C4). 2. The skin below this horizontal line is supplied by anterior and lateral cutaneous branches of the 2nd–6th intercostal nerves (T2–T6).
Aspect of chest wall, hence, it is not a muscle of pectoral region but grouped with pectoral muscles for convenience of study and surgical significance. 35 36 Textbook of Anatomy: Upper Limb and Thorax PECTORALIS MAJOR Clavicular head Sternocostal head Origin 1. Anterior surface of the medial half of clavicle 2. Anterior surface of the sternum Clinical testing: On lifting a heavy rod, the clavicular head becomes prominent and when one attempts to depress the rod, the sternocostal head becomes prominent.
Clinical correlation • Bennet’s fracture: It is an oblique fracture of the base of 1st metacarpal. It is intra-articular and may be associated with subluxation or dislocation of metacarpal. • Boxer’s fracture (Fig. 19): It is fracture of neck of metacarpal, and most commonly involves neck of 5th metacarpal. PHALANGES There are 14 phalanges in each hand: two in thumb and three in each finger. PARTS AND FEATURES Each phalanx is a short long bone and has three parts: (a) base (proximal end), (b) head (distal end), and (c) shaft (extending between the two ends).