By E. Jakubowski, A. Arnaudova
This ebook highlights the necessities of future health and health and wellbeing structures in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. It then compares those nationwide information with the typical info for 3 teams: their very own, the 15 international locations that have been individuals of the european earlier than 1 might 2004 and the 27 present european Member States. each one bankruptcy offers a concise review of key overall healthiness symptoms in 1 of the eight international locations, summarizes the major beneficial properties of the country's future health method and describes the result of over a decade of healthiness method reform. This renowned sequence deals a short and simple solution to snatch the wellbeing and fitness necessities in a visually appealing layout. Comparisons are a compelling resource of knowledge that policy-makers and stakeholders, either inside of nations and the world over, can use to do so opposed to health and wellbeing disparities and alleviate the outstanding adjustments in wellbeing and fitness prestige between electorate around the WHO ecu zone.
Read Online or Download 10 Health Questions about the Caucasus and Central Asia PDF
Best health policy books
An experimental pathologist and molecular geneticist, Philip wooden makes use of gene-knockout expertise to review the way in which mouse genes control the metabolism of fat—research that offers insights into the workings of fatty-acid metabolism in people and what can ensue whilst that metabolic stability is going awry.
No constructed country is based solely at the deepest area to finance future health deal with voters. This publication starts via exploring the deficiencies in deepest medical health insurance that account for this. It then recounts the background and examines the criminal personality of America's public healthiness care entitlements - Medicare, Medicaid, and tax subsidies for employment-related well-being advantages.
With present ideas calling for babies to obtain a number of doses of vaccines in the course of their first yr of lifestyles and with surprising little one loss of life syndrome (SIDS) the main widespread reason for demise through the put up neonatal interval, you will need to reply to matters that vaccination could play a job in unexpected unforeseen baby dying.
Nearly 1. 2 million humans within the usa reside with HIV, and the quantity grows every year. In July 2010, the government published the nationwide HIV/AIDS procedure (NHAS), geared toward decreasing HIV transmission, expanding entry to care, enhancing health and wellbeing results, and lowering well-being disparities for individuals residing with HIV.
- Globalisation and Equality
- The Penn Center Guide to Bioethics
- Understanding Health Policy: A Clinical Approach, 4 e 2004
- Neurodegeneration: Exploring Commonalities Across Diseases: Workshop Summary
- Health Financing for Poor People: Resource Mobilization and Risk Sharing
Additional resources for 10 Health Questions about the Caucasus and Central Asia
Before 1 May 2004. CIS8: the 8 countries covered in this book. about the Caucasus and central Asia 31 t Alcohol-related causes (2000): 84 deaths per 100 000. 5% of the population 15–65 years old (2004). 2% (15–65 years old). t First admissions to drug treatment centres (2006): 5 per 100 000 per year. EU27: 48, CIS8: 40 t Azerbaijan is a transit country for opiates bound for the Russian Federation. BESI t Prevalence (2006): 15% of men and 25% of women. t High body mass index is associated with 16% of all deaths and 8% of the disease burden (2002).
T 2008: A revised concept for health care reform has been prepared for approval outlining reform directions for the different parts of the health system. In January, the President approved a concept for reforming the health funding system and introducing mandatory health insurance in Azerbaijan. It involves implementing a purchaser–provider split, reducing fragmentation in funding and piloting new provider payment schemes. A respective action plan was approved on n 11 August 2008. In the end of January, the Minister of Health alth signed a National Reproductive Health Strategy 2005–2015, 2015, including a detailed plan of actions.
10. Cause Ischaemic heart disease &HUHEURYDVFXODUGLVHDVH Tracheal, bronchial and lung cancer ,QÀDPPDWRU\KHDUWGLVHDVHV Diabetes mellitus &KURQLFREVWUXFWLYHSXOPRQDU\GLVHDVH Colon and rectum cancer Breast cancer &LUUKRVLVRIWKHOLYHU Genitourinary system diseases Total deaths (%) 37 34 8 8 5 4 4 3 3 3 DISEASE BURDEN IN AZERBAIJAN, CIS8 AND THE EU (2002) Cause &DUGLRYDVFXODUGLVHDVHV Neuropsychiatric disorders Unintentional injuries Infectious and parasitic diseases Perinatal conditions 'LJHVWLYHGLVHDVHV Respiratory infections Respiratory diseases Cancer (malignant neoplasms) Sensory organ disorders Total noncommunicable diseases Total communicable diseases Total injuries Share of disease burden (%) A erbaijan CIS8 EU27 EU15 20 22 14 12 16 16 30 32 4 8 8 7 8 7 2 2 5 5 NA NA 5 6 5 4 11 NA 4 NA 5 NA NA NA 7 6 13 13 5 4 4 4 79 82 87 84 8 7 2 2 13 11 11 10 1$QRWDYDLODEOH EU27: current members of the EU.