By Alison Park, John Curtice, Katarina Thomson, Lindsey Jarvis, Catherine Bromley
`The Rolls-Royce of opinion surveys' - the days The integral annual British Social Attitudes survey compiles, describes and reviews on a variety of present social attitudes. The sequence charts adjustments in British social values, with annual surveys conducted from a national pattern of round 3,500 humans by way of the nationwide Centre for Social Research's group of interviewers. The nineteenth document summarizes and translates info from the newest survey, and makes comparisons with findings from past years.
Read Online or Download British Social Attitudes: The 19th Report (British Social Attitudes Survey series) PDF
Similar research books
During this 3rd version of his bestselling textual content John W. Creswell explores the philosophical underpinnings, background, and key components of every of 5 qualitative inquiry traditions: narrative examine, phenomenology, grounded thought, ethnography, and case research. In his signature available writing kind, the writer relates learn designs to every of the traditions of inquiry.
This ebook offers fresh examine within the acceptance of vulnerabilities of nationwide structures and resources which won particular awareness for the severe Infrastructures within the final 20 years. The publication concentrates on R&D actions within the relation of severe Infrastructures targeting improving the functionality of companies in addition to the extent of safety.
- Nitric Oxide Research from Chemistry to Biology
- Early Childhood Educational Research: Issues in Methodology and Ethics
- Nano-Optics: Principles Enabling Basic Research and Applications
- Research and Practice in Multiple Criteria Decision Making: Proceedings of the XIVth International Conference on Multiple Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) Charlottesville, Virginia, USA, June 8–12, 1998
- Advanced Research on Computer Science and Information Engineering: International Conference, CSIE 2011, Zhengzhou, China, May 21-22, 2011. Proceedings, Part I
- Advances in Mutagenesis Research
Additional info for British Social Attitudes: The 19th Report (British Social Attitudes Survey series)
And Jarvis, L. ( 1 999), 'Rural spaces and urban jams' in Jowell, R, Curtice, 1 . , Park, A. and Thomson, K. , Aldershot: Ashgate. Christie, 1. and Jarvis, L. , Curtice, 1 . , Thomson, K . , Jarvis, L. and Bromley, C. ), British Social Attitudes: the 18'" Report - Public policy, Social ties, London: Sage. Commission for Integrated Transport (200 I ), European Best Practice in the Delivery of Integrated Transport, London: Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions. , Park, A . , Brook, L .
Unauthorsieddsitrb i uto i nforbd i den. 28 BRITISH SOCIAL ATIITUDES generally regarded positively, as a sign of responsible behaviour and self reliance. That said, people who save excessively are at risk of being labelled as being ' mean' or ' tight' with their money. Take, for instance, Dickens ' s A Christmas Carol and its character Scrooge who saw saving as a goal i n itself, something Keynes referred to as "the instinct of pure miserliness". Likewise when it comes to spending, attitudes are somewhat paradoxical .
6. Unauthoriseddistributionforbidden. Does not use bus at least 2-5 times a week Uses bus at least 2-5 times a week Off the buses? 23 Model l : Predictors of regular car use Logistic regression with dependent variable: Driving a car at least twice a week. Independent variables: Socio-economic group, age, household income, highest educational qualification, type of area, party identification, economic activity, sex, children under 1 6 living in household. E. Odds ratio Sig (Exp(B» . 41 2 . 274 -.